Back to Postings
Food Safety & Quality Systems Manager
This job entails tasks that require the new hire to confidently perform the following tasks:
- Develop & implement food safety systems and HACCP/HARPC food safety plans
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety Modernization Act, US FDA/USDA regs & Safe Quality Food Code
- Design, evaluate, implement, & monitor quality mgmt programs including but not limited to good mfg practices, sanitation op procedures, food recall, crisis mgmt procedures, calibration program, training program, allergen mgmt, equipment purchasing, non-conforming product handling, corrective & preventive actions.
- Prep, maintain & implement the internal quality & safety audit plan for the entire facility & approved vendors
- Ensure staff is engaged in strict adherence to plant policies, & safety rules in compliance w/ government & plant standard op procedures.
This position is located at Country Maid, Inc's manufacturing facility - 1919 S. Kinnickinnic Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53204 with no travel involved.
- Master’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition Science, Food Engineering or a closely related field with 12 months of experience in occupations related to Food Science or Quality Systems.
- Must have completed HACCP training & certification.
- Must have 12 months of experience in:
- Working with Good Manufacturing practices (GMP’s) in compliance with FDA and USDA regulations;
- Implementing Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) programs such as SQF or BRC in a manufacturing plant;
- Designing, analyzing, and revising Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plans;
- Conducting internal manufacturing safety audits;
- Working on certification process audits;
- Working on regulatory audits;
- Preparing standard operating procedures for food safety and sanitation management systems;
- Design, analyze, and revise quality management systems such as pre-operational programs, supplier qualification process, or label compliance programs.